Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm afraid

I'm afraid,oh lord,
I'm afraid I might fail,
a failure miserable and pathetic.

I'm afraid I shall tremble,
like a leaf caught in a gust,
like an ant forced into water.

I'm afraid I may not create a difference,
not light up lives in the dark,
nor make a girl in distress smile.

I'm afraid, oh lord,
I'm afraid of losing my loved ones,
of having to die one fine day.

I'm afraid of an impending disaster,
be it nature's fury or a man made calamity,
of having to witness death and destruction.

I'm afraid I might not stand tall,
that I'll be bowed down by shackles,
or be sucked into a vortex of weakness.

I'm afraid,oh lord,
I pray to you for courage,
a courage to take me through life.

I pray for strength,
enough strength to push barriers,
to fail but with dignity.

I pray to you for hope,
to look beyond closed doors,
to believe that spring is close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment