Saturday, March 5, 2011

standing at the gates of heaven

Standing at the gates of heaven,
I found st. Peter vacillating,
I queried him-"come on man!
whats the problem?do let me in".

Looking up from my record,
and wearing a confused look,
he replied-"I'm weary,lost and bored.
I need badly a new law and justice book".

"I have been caught unaware,
I'm unaware of the latest crimes,
justice has become bizarre,
to me these are testing times".

"I need to browse and google up,
your activities that have drawn hell's wreath,
until then I have a coup
and that is to send you back to earth".

I woke up with a start,
and realized it was just a dream,
but what is justice in short,
I began wondering that dawn.

Does being legally right
mean morally right as well?
are the eyes of justice shut tight,
sleeping as if under a spell.

Is being adventorus
a trait wrongly possesed,
is that not the cause
that Eve and Pandora were cursed

Do we blame the apples
or should it be Adam or the box
Or are these parables
but only made up as hypocrisy mocks.

is loyalty to a friend,
a cruel and punishable sin,
when that friend has wronged
all his cousins and kins.

Did Karna go to hell
or was he welcomed in paradise,
we could never tell,
for justice above the horizon is yet to arise.

The laws framed by king Manu,
or the commandments numbered ten,
desperately need to be renewed,
for cyber crimes are demanding attention.

How can we humans
be the dispenser of justice,
when we all have at least once
lied,erred or been silent to others' crimes.
 
Or should we seat god in the jury,
to decide what is right and what is not.
but even he has not been wary
saturating all wealth and happiuness in a single spot.

I'm still unclear and haven't grown wise,
justice seems to be as eluding as ever,
so should I leave it to the lady of justice,
and like everyone else continue with my slumber?

1 comment:

  1. very nice one...:-) i should say "an honest attempt"
    well, all we can do is to continue to live on our own standards,because we still don't know whether there is a hell or not:-)and virtue's can never hold on to a golden standard:-)perception changes with time,experience begets opinions:-)

    ReplyDelete